Monday, June 13, 2011

5:50 AM

Its 5:50 in the morning and I'm feeling good. I hear the birds chirping and I'm in my new office listening to the Kirk Franklin "Hello Fear" album. This is my last full week of working as a teacher. The students are gone, yearbooks are given out and tomorrow is graduation.

I haven't posted much but I feel like I'm back for good. Baby is good, husband is good, rental property is good and I have a new job. I'm going to be an Assistant Principal at a high school with a salary in the low six figures. My family is very happy about this because we will be able to give more, help my little brother pay for college, and pay off debt and save.

This job is a prayer answered. Many years ago I prayed to God and asked him to give me a job that would help me build a legacy for my family including my little brother and sister. Last month my little brother, who turned 18 last Thursday, called me and told me some things that broke my heart. The only place I could turn was to God. I cried and cried, and prayed and prayed for a breakthrough so that I could help him. I prayed that God would heal the hurt in both of us.

And he did.

My little soccer player is kicking up a storm.........and I need to get ready for work.

Blessings

1 comment:

S.H said...

Glad to see you back. Congrats on the new job and all the opportunities that it will afford you. I think that its amazing that you are in education, such an important field.

Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!