Tuesday, September 2, 2008

So Blessed

I have been teaching for 3 years. 2 years at the same school. Today was the first day back to school for teachers. We also have another day of professional development tomorrow and then the students come back on Thursday. Today went well for the first part. We received our rosters and class schedules and began decorating our rooms. I started decorating my room and than the principal told me I was going to be moving to a new room. Boy was I pissed. I had my guy help me move all my books and everything to the room that I was supposed to have this year, at the end of last year. We had everything organized and I was prepared to rock and roll.

Instead... I had to lug everything back up to the sixth floor but then no one had the key to the room, so I had to wait for engineering to open it up and then the teacher who was in that room last year( who transferred at the last minute) did not take anything of hers out the room, so I had no time to organize and put anything up... I will have to do that all day tomorrow

but enough of the complaining... this is why I am so blessed

I got the biggest room in the whole school... yes the biggest room. Its a classroom plus some extra space with tables, chairs, etc...

It is the only place besides the main office that has air-conditioning!!!!!!

MY roster is so sweet. Most teachers teach 3 90 minute classes. I will be only teaching 2!!! I will be teaching English 3 which is all year long and 45 minutes. I have 2 English 3 classes which equals 1 block... the same students all year, then I teach 1 90 minute English 4 class. I have a prep first thing in the morning and then I have lunch and free time at the end of the day to work on the yearbook( which I also get paid for...extra $4000-5000).

All I can say is Wow!!! Thank You Jesus. I taught English 3 last year so I have lesson plans for that, all I have to plan for is English 4 and that should be easy.

I am do blessed

until next time, think prosperous thoughts

YBP

No comments: