Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My mini shopping spree

Remember how I told you I was going to update my wardrobe? Well on Sunday I went to Philadelphia Premium Outlets and bought a few things that I felt were necessary for the fall and my wardrobe. I budgeted $250.00 for everything I had to buy and the total damage done came to:


$286.86!!!!

I was over budget by $38.86, but I still ended up buying good quality clothing.

Here is what I bought:

1. 3 cotton knit shirts from Ann Taylor Loft. They were 7.99 a piece and I bought blue, black and green

2. A pair of trouser dark denim jeans from Banana Republic regular price $59.99 but marked down 40% so they cost me $35.99

3. New undergarments from Bali. On sale of course. Total spent there was $59.00

4. And finally Gap. I spent 168.90 in that store and bought some great things.

-brown herringbone blazer regular price $49.99... my price 24.99
- 3 keyhole tops( black, gray, blue) regular price $18.99... my price $7.99 each
- white collared button down shirt regular price $29.99 my price $20.99
-purple ruffled button down shirt regular price $29.99 my price $17.99
- 2 cardigans (1 purple, 1 gray) regular price $34.99 my price $20.99
-1 pair of cuffed cropped pants regular price $34.99 my price $14.99
-White pleated top regular price $24.99, my price..well $24.99

In Gap alone I saved $107.00.

These are just staples that my wardrobe needed. I have plenty of trousers, and a few skirts but I don't have a 3 piece suit. I must get one of those!!

In November around my birthday I plan to head back up to the outlets and get

- A really nice coat
-3 piece suit
- 2 Wrap dresses
-1 well made tote ( for lugging around papers)
-2 pairs of boots
-2 pairs of flats
-some cute scarves

all in all I think I did pretty good. Today is the first day of school for teachers so I have get ready for work. I am trying to figure out how to make a screenshot of my budget so you can see how I did this month. If you know how to do that please let me know.

until next time, think prosperous thoughts

YBP

1 comment:

Shen Dove said...

Excellent job with shopping! Seems like you got a lot for your money.