Thursday, April 29, 2010

Investing in myself

I haven't blogged in a couple of weeks because of have been spending some time getting my thoughts together and investing in myself, plus I am finishing up my grad degree and have mucho work to do.

So here is a recap of what's been going on in my world!!

Since Boobee and I agreed that saving $20000 in an Emergency Fund before we start any other financial goals I have been feeling more secure about life in general. $20,000 is about an eight month emergency fund for us and that will be met before the end of the year.

I am slowly getting back on the debt snowball bandwagon. I have begun making payments to my $4700 loan with the hopes of having it out of my life by September.

I'm contributing to my 403B again. Why?? Every little bit helps. Since my progress is slow with my debt snowball I figured the least I could do was continue beefing up my retirement accounts.

I guess I work better when I am focused on one goal at a time, and right now with the wedding taking up a lot of my expenses I am putting my Roth IRA contributions on hold until August. Then its just $1000 a month until December ( goal # 3 will be complete)!

I have a job interview on Monday!!! It's for a part time position in the district that I work in. I had a phone interview this past tuesday and they want me to come in for a face to face interview. It pays more money than my other part time job and its 3 days after school from 2-6 and one saturday a month. My school day gets over at 2:30 but when I told my principal that I was going to be interviewed he said that he would work something out with me if I get the job. Now I just hope they will allow me to start August 2 which is when I am done with school and back from NYC.

I am praying that I will not have overnight work in my near future.

I have been on the Atkins diet for 30 days now and am feeling great. I am not going to weigh myself this week because Aunt Flo is on, but next week its on.

I got new glasses, found out I have to get braces again, and am going to see world renowned dermatologist Susan Taylor this week.

Now I just need to get my wardrobe together!

Until next time, think prosperous thoughts

YBP

No comments: