Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What should be my next goal?

As of friday I will be out of car debt, and as of two weeks from friday out from credit card debt. What should be my next goal. I took money out my emergency fund to pay my car off so now it stands at $2000, but by the end of the month will be back at $4000. I can easily get my emergency fund back at $10,000 by January 1 if I simply live on $700 a month and if I put all of my tutoring money in in it could well be over $10000. But is that what I should do?

I could start putting money into my Roth IRA instead of waiting until Jan and max it out early, but that is not really a priority right now, because I know I will max it out sooner or later.

Are there any other goals that I should be working on that I am missing?

I have a decided that I am going to stop contributing to my school district 403B. I don't receive a match so I don't see the point of contributing. I am also going to reduce my contributions to my part time job 401k. Before I stopped my contributions to pay of my car loan I was up to 15%, but I thinking I should lower it to 6%.

Why?

This is the information directly from the company website:

The company matches $1 per $1 of the first 3% of eligible pay you contribute to your account, and $0.50 per $1 on the next 3% of eligible pay you contribute, so 6% seems like its okay for now.

The past 2 months is the first time I stopped contributing since I was eligible and it pays. I have been working there for 4 years and my 401k balance is $4915.00!! Go me, Go Me, it's my birthday, it's my birthday.

Until next time, think prosperous thoughts

YBP

No comments: