Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cash sources beyond an Emergency Fund

Moneymonk had a great on cash sources besides an emergency fund. Her second source for money was family and friends, must be nice to know that you have family and friends you can depend on. I would never be able to ask my family and friends for money in an emergency which is why I feel I need to have the biggest emergency fund possible, trying to get it to around 30,000 by December 31, 2010.

There was a time when I could depend on friends, a couple of close friends of mine gave me $2000 during college to make sure that I could register for classes, and my dad took out a plus loan for $10,000. To this day I still regret having to ask him to do this.

My goal is to save as much as possible and increase my income as much as possible so that I will never need cash sources beyond my emergency fund. As it stands right now these are my cash sources in case of an emergency.

1.Emergency Fund
2. Credit Cards
3. 401k

What are your cash sources in an emergency.

2 comments:

Diana Perkins said...

Hi,

my name is Diana Perkins, I am the webmaster of some finance and debt management related sites and my sites are doing fine in major search engines. While searching in Google I have found your webblog and as we both are in the similar field of finance I would like to exchange links with your blog.

There is no doubt that your blog provides excellent & useful content to the visitors, & I also have some healthy content pages in my websites and will give you some healthy links. I would appreciate if you place a link back to my site from of your blog & also take a chance to increase your visitors through a link from any of my websites.

If you desire I can send you a brand new unique article to publish, related to the theme of your blog. I am sure that it will be beneficial for both of us. So if you are interested then kindly send me your link details. I will activate your links within hours.
If you are not the concerned person, then kindly forward this mail to the webmaster concerned.

Waiting for your reply to come.

Regards

Diana Perkins
diana.perkins1983@gmail.com

kPg said...

Gosh, it's so hard to put up your own emergency fund, right? You have to have the right amount of discipline to be consistent with your contributions, and your reasons for building the fund should be enough to keep you motivated. Is it advisable to start small when putting up an emergency fund? And by small, I mean saving up your loose change and stuff like that. Well, that's what I'm gonna do for now.