Saturday, February 28, 2009

Paid off The Home Depot Card

When I moved into my house I needed a washer and dryer... there would be no more of me carrying 2 weeks worth of dirty clothes to the Laundromat to wash and then being too tired of Laundromat drama to come home and fold them.

So as soon as I closed on the house I proceeded to shop around for washing machines. I ended up applying for a home depot credit card and buying a washer and dryer for a little over $800. I qualified for no interest or payments for a year, but I had decided that I wanted to pay it off before the year.

Well... yesterday I sent the final payment to Home Depot and now I have no credit card debt whatsoever. Go Me!!! What makes things even better is next week when I get paid I will be paying off a $5000 student loan. I could have paid them both off on Thursday but I decided to go half on a Wii and Wii fit with my guy.

It feels like I'm making progress. I have to go hard on the car loan though and a small student loan with a balance a little under $2000.00


until next time, think prosperous thoughts

YBP

2 comments:

Midwest Chick said...

Congrats on paying it off!!

L. Marie Joseph said...

Good for you, most people will carry that $800 balance for 2 years