Saturday, November 29, 2008

Habitats- Living in Newark

There is something about urban revitalization that I really love. Maybe that's why I love Philadelphia. In the 7 years I have been here I have seen the city grow and transform, especially the downtown area. I have high hopes that the same thing will happen for other cities like Camden and Newark, New Jersey.

That's why I had to share this NY Times article A Bird's Eye View of Tommorrow. The article shares Newark's City Director of Community Development's views on all the possibilities that exist in Newark, and also gives details on her swanky $2200 a month apartment in a old office building.

Enjoy!!


until next time, think prosperous thoughts

YBP

1 comment:

oldwhiteandpoor said...

If I were a resident of Newark, I would be very worried.

The handwriting is on the wall; poor residents will be displaced.

Being affluent means never having to worry about such things.