Friday, November 21, 2008

4 Lessons From the Financial Crisis

Althoughmy finances have been on autopilot for most of the month that doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about Personal Finance at all. I am still reading other finance bloggers, planning for the future, and of course reading articles. One that I think is very important for the time period is this great CNN Money article 4 Lessons Learned from the Financial Crisis. It basically talks about 4 things that every investor should have learned from these tumultuous times.

They are:
Financial Success isn't just about investing
Simplicity is better than complexity
Allow for the possibility that you may be wrong
Don't get to euphoric during upswings or depressed during downswings

I definitely learned the last lesson! In fact I have really stopped looking at my account balances.

My question to you is- What lessons have you learned from the Financial Crisis?

until next time, think prosperous thoughts

YBP

1 comment:

oldwhiteandpoor said...

My finances have neither upswings nor downswings; it's a pretty flat subsistence level.