Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's Pay Day ( small paycheck) and long term goals

and so far I have spent 39.99 on groceries. I am about to send almost $800.00 to one of my student loans, and I am still saving. Work is going quite well, with both jobs and I am not too tired. Last year when I was working 2 jobs and going to school full time I was so exhausted. This year not so much. I need to stop watching TV. All I have been doing is watching CNN, and it is getting really depressing. What I need to do is keep up on all this grad work that I need to get done.

My next goal is to get my Principal's certification. If I start it this August I can probably be done with in 1 1/2 years. At the end of 5 years teaching I get $5000.00 towards my student loans for teaching in an urban school district. Hopefully then I can get a 10 month assistant principal position ( I need need need my summers off), and will be debt free and saving much more of my income. Assistant principals in Philadelphia make between $80,000- $100,000. Those in the suburbs make much more.

Right now I feel so blessed. I have so much be thankful for. I have a job that is pretty stable. I am able to save money in savings and retirement and pay off debt. I also have a home with a mortgage that is fixed rate, and tenants ( who are not leaving) that help me pay for it.

I have a wonderful family, extended family, beautiful friends, and great colleagues. What more can a girl ask for???

until next time, think prosperous thoughts

YBP

1 comment:

Midwest Chick said...

I agree that the news is depressing lately!! Good luck with everything you have going on. It seems like things are going very well for you. I hope that continues as you work towards what you want in the near future.