How many accounts do you have and what are they for?
Me, I have 9... that actually seems like a lot.
1. Bank of America Checking for direct deposit and paying bills
2. Bank of America Savings I haven't used this but I think I may use this as a fund for things I have to do with my car. Putting money in there for new tires I want to buy, tune up, breaks, or any other major repairs
3. TD Ameritrade Account-Emergency Fund
4. ING Direct Checking- only used for bills having to do with the tenants or the property or when I transfer money out of my second ING savings to buy something
5. ING Direct Savings (#1) will hold the last month's rent and security for the tenants as well as 100.00 a month for vacancy/repairs
6 ING Direct Savings (#2) money in that account will be used for Christmas, vacations, etc. (right now I am debating on whether to save money for the second property I plan on purchasing in that account or just open another subaccount through ING Direct.
7. T.Rowe Price- Roth IRA account. I will probably open future mutual fund investment accounts at T. Rowe Price. I like their customer service.
8. TIAA-Cref - school district 403B
9. Part time job 401k
or wait... there's 10. I also have my school district pension fund account.
This list will eventually grow... as I acquire more properties, get married, start my own business, and have children...
but right now... these are necessities for me!
until next time, think prosperous thoughts