Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A wonderful weekend that cost money

I was going to do a budget for July but my mortgage person told me not to spend anymore money. She said whatever money I get from paychecks do not use at all. "Just let it sit in my bank account" her words not mine. That is not really a problem, the only bills I have to pay this month are my car insurance and car payment. Everything else is pretty much taken care off.



I have, however, spent some money that I probably could have done without spending this weekend. My parents came down to look at the house that I'm buying. Dad said it was a good investment which is good. However I did take them out to dinner at a little Hibachi grill place in center city. The total bill was around $210.00 I looked at it a nearly fainted. Then I looked at it again, and thought... well there were six of us so that's not that bad. Then DH paid some money to it and my mom paid some money to it and so I only had to put up about 80ish dollars ( I put this on a credit card, the only major credit card I carry with me daily and I always pay off the balance each month)



My other spending this weekend was at a candle, 2 shirts, and a pair of capris all on sale at Old Navy. I spent 40.00 total and put this on my gap card. Lucky for me that is the only thing charged on the card and the payment won't be due until august. I plan to pay the full balance of this in August.

in other news:
I will be cutting any unnecessary expenses in an attempt to live a more frugal lifestyle. I also am going to be doing weekly meal menus so that DH and I can stop eating out. As for right now I will be eliminating my $35.00 a month gym membership, and my prepaid legal membership( my parents are going to be highly upset). Once we move we will be getting a house phone/Internet(29.99 a month) bundle through comcast so our sprint phone bill ( unlimited everything $99.00 per month per phone) will go down to the bare minimum.

Right there is roughly $180.00 in income that is added to the budget!!!

I will continue to look at my past few months of budgeting from PearBudget to see what else I can cut..

oh PearBudget( another thing about to be cut) ..that's $3.00 a month ...i am pretty sure I can find some free money managing tools out there. If anyone knows of any let me know.

until next time, think prosperous thoughts

YBP

1 comment:

No more overdraft fees said...

Hi,
I have to say I LOVE your blog. I too am a young black and attempting to live prosperous. It is so wonderfully to find another black female who is attempting to do the same things as I am. I have to admit I've been a little lax lately but you blog inspires me to get on the ball. I want to own my own property by December 31,2009 and cut my student loan debt to half by June 2010. Thank you for the inspiration. FYI check out my blog...savedtosave.blogspot.com...

until then S2S.