Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My First Home

It looks like I am well on my way to owning my first house. Tomorrow morning is the inspection and I hope everything goes well. The house is absolutely beautiful. It is a 3 bedroom 1 and 1/2 bath end of the row house in a very nice section of Philadelphia. One of my goals is to be financially free and I am very concerned with appreciation and cash flow so this house had a couple of things that I really liked. Number One is the newly renovated 2 bedroom apartment that is on the ground floor of the house. I am so excited about this because I wanted my first house to be a duplex because I didn't want to pay the whole mortgage note by myself ( teachers really are underpaid)!!! Secondly, the zoning for the apartment and house is mixed use which means that I can rent it out as an apartment or eventually rent it out as some type of business( hair salon, daycare center, etc). I am so excited.

Why is this so important to me? Well, up until the age of 15 I was in foster care and lived with a few different people. I never really felt like I had a home, and I was rarely comfortable unless I was tucked away somewhere reading a book. Now I have the opportunity to buy a home that I can decorate, feel comfortable in and use to build wealth. Nothing is more important than that!!!

No comments: