Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Last Supper

......in my beloved Crockpot!

Crock pots are a great way to make healthy, inexpensive meals for those of us on the a budget and with very little time. I actually use mine alot.

Last night before I went to bed I put some oxtails and shortribs in the crock pot to cook on low. The smell of them woke me up early this morning. I hurried downstairs to check on them and broke the lid right of the pot. I am truly saddened by the this event but overjoyed that I can finally buy a new one.

When I wanted to buy a new one Boobee wouldn't let me because he said we had a perfectly good one, but.......NOT ANYMORE!!!

I have been looking on Amazon.com and see several models that I am interested in. I can't wait until fall, I will be making chili, gumbo, stews and soups every week. I'll let you now what model I decide on but for now all the fun is in looking at different models and comparing prices and features.

Do you crock pot? What are some of your favorite recipes?

YBP


2 comments:

CeCe said...

I need to start using the crock pot. I am not the best cook so I think it would be good for me. And easy. And cost effective. The only thing that makes it hard is I smell food cooking and just want to eat it even if it's not time yet!

Anonymous said...

I used to use a crockpot, but stopped because I found that my recipes were a bit too bland. Maybe I need to research more. The plus was that it actually was a great time saver in the evenings.