Monday, September 21, 2009

Thankfully I have an Emergency Fund!!

My car died today. I don't know how, but I do know I spent 2 hours after work waiting for a tow truck to come take it away. I think it has something to do with the key not working. I have a VW with an electronic key and when I went to the parking lot to get in my car and the key did not work, I unlocked the car with the key instead of push button and the alarm went off. I then put the car in the ignition and the alarm went off again and the car didn't start.

I should have been upset but I wasn't. I have enough to fix whatever is wrong with the car. We paid for the tow truck and then rode with the tow truck driver to the VW dealership. Right now I have a loaner car at the cost of $30.00 a day, and will find out what is wrong and the cost to fix it tommorrow.

I am glad I have an emergency fund. This repair did not stress me out simply because I have the money to pay for it and will have the car paid off by the end of next month. My new goal is to have around $20,000 in an emergency fund by the time I am married which is in August. If I can automatically transfer over $1500 a month to my capital one car loan then I can mos def save $20000 for emergencies in about 1o months.

There are only 3 more months left in 2009, have you started thinking about your 2010 goals?

until next time, think prosperous thoughts

YBP

No comments: