Sunday, December 14, 2008

Putting 2009 Goals on Paper

There is a little over 2 weeks left in 2008 and for me this is the perfect time to start thinking about what I want to accomplish in 2009. I firmly believe that if you don't write down your goals, you probably won't accomplish them. A lot of PF bloggers, including myself take the step a little further and create SMART goals. Those are goals that are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely.

I have not gotten that far yet, but here is a list of things that I want to accomplish in 2009.

Financial
  • Pay off Car Loan
  • Pay off all unconsolidated student loans
  • Save $20,000 in my Emergency Fund
  • Max out Roth IRA
  • Contribute $2500 to my School District 403B
  • Contribute 15% of pre tax income to Hotel 401K

Educational / Professional

  • Complete 1st Masters Degree by June 30
  • Teach Summer School this year/ Be a Cooperating teacher for The New Teacher Project
  • Take the GRE in April- score above average
  • Apply and begin second Masters in Educational Administration
  • Have a 3.7 or above GPA in both Masters program in preparation for PhD application
  • Grow blog to make $100.00 a month passive income
  • Write 3-4 paid freelance articles during 2009
  • Buy next investment property 3rd or 4th quarter 2009 or 1st quarter 2010
  • Establish Business Account, apply for EIN, establish separate business account
  • Write long term business plan

Personal

  • Rekindle Relationship with Christ
  • Lose 30lbs
  • Travel abroad at least 2 times
  • Travel to southern or Western states at least 2 times

That's it for now. I am just fleshing them out.

until next time, think prosperous thoughts

YBP

No comments: