Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Retirement planning update

Remember how I said I wasn't going to worry about my 403B because it didn't have an employee match.? Well I changed my mind. Yesterday when I went to work ( I'm teaching summer school at a middle school in my district) there were representatives from one of my districts 403B providers ( AXA Equitable). They are an insurance provider that does retirement planning. It does have higher fees than a mutual fund company but the only thing my district offers it tax sheltered annuities. The representative was great and I decided to take 100.00 out of every paycheck and put it in account pre tax. This only reduces my take home pay by about 75.00. I am really happy to contributing money to my 403B. It's automatic savings and I am not going to miss 75.00 every two weeks. Its invested really aggressive... just the way I like it!

oh and good news: remember when I thought I was only contributing 6% of my salary to my pension? Well I was wrong! I am actually contributing 7.5& of my salary to my pension. With this 10% that is 17% of my gross income going directly to retirement from one job. I am contributing 13% at my other job! Like David Bach said all you have to do is make it automatic!!!

until next time, think prosperous thoughts

YBP

No comments: